Monday, June 10, 2013

First Order from Gentei Kits: Impressions.


I had heard of Gentei Kits a lot but I have never actually had to order any spare parts. About a month ago, I had managed to get a Beam Gatling for my MG Unicorn but to my dismay, I discovered that it was not possible to attach the Beam Gatling under the shield like in the OVA or like Full Armor Unicorn does. That was when I decided to make an order.



They recently updated their prices to 180JPY a piece plus 330JPY for USAL shipping. Considering this was the only way to get the part, I was willing to $5~ for it. I really wanted it.

The actual ordering process is easy enough, just email them telling them the grade, kit name, runner, part number and quantity. They'll invoice you if they can get the part or email you back if there is any need for confirmation. Since they only order their parts one time a week, they'll reply to you after that.

From the time I sent the email to the time of my invoice was 2 days. Then the part were shipped 13 days after that. Since USAL was the shipping method, it took 14 days for the part to reach me. Which, is pretty good for USAL, in my opinion.


I was really surprised that they sent the small portion of the runner and it was in a small box, not an envelope like I originally expected. This ensured that my part arrived with no damage. Needless to say I am very happy that they did that.

Overall I am very, very pleased with Gentei Kits. Remember, while the processing time may seem long, they actually have to order the parts form Bandai and get them shipping to their location then send them to you.

2 comments: